Logo

01276 855326
dobermannrehominghidden text@googlemail.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A warm welcome to you if you are visiting for the first time. Much of the forum is members only so please sign-up to view the complete forum. This is a great friendly place where you can have a chat, ask advice or just check out the massive Dobe picture gallery. A warm welcome is guaranteed!!
New members please introduce yourself, or post to any topic, as inactive members will be removed after the first month. If you have any problems with your new account please email us website@dobermannrehome.co.uk

Home   Dobes Needing Homes Success Stories Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: February is B A R O N Month XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  (Read 26691 times)
pen, piers and theo
Supreme Member

« on: February 02, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »

Meant to start this yesterday being the first of Feb.

However:

Lets make this think positive and put the word around for a new Forever Home for our BARON, the best possible home please.  His time has more than come and he deserves a wonderful family or even just a one person but they must be very very special.

COME ON PEEPS !!!!

Think Baron    Think Baron    Think Baron ....................... Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard

http://www.dobermannrehome.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5843.0

[ piers  dob:  10 march 07 -  27 November 2015 ]  :-(
[ theo   dob:  10 Feb 15 ]
Tracy
Supreme Member

My Gang xxx

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »

Orange Placard  Orange Placard  Orange Placard  Orange Placard  Orange Placard  Orange Placard  Orange Placard
for Baron  love3

Perfect month to celebrate Valentines with someone special  love9 and that someone special is a gorgeous blk&tan  Wink

Come on, where are you???  love3

ďAdopt. If you canít adopt, foster. If you canít foster, donate. If you canít donate, educate.Ē
Tunya2
Supreme Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »

maybe an update on his detail page would be good?

i know its terrible that hes been in kennels for so long and we know his story BUT a new visitor to the site may take one look and think  ahhh he looks nice oh hang on a minute hes been in kennels how long?  MUST be something far wrong with that one AVOID AVOID AVOID!

he deserves a fighting chance!  perhaps we could get him put on the old dobermannwelfare site?  (now FONDS)  or Dogsey they have a rehoming section?   rescue rememdies advertise all the time on there

thoughts?
Sarah
Supreme Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »

I cannot believe he has not found a home yet Sad

Tunya2
Supreme Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »

is he still entire?  (perhaps due to confidence issues)
Tracy
Supreme Member

My Gang xxx

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »

Not sure if he's lost his plums actually  dontknow
I agree that it may put some people off when they see how long he's been waiting for a home  Undecided but on the other hand, if they took the time to read his entire thread, they'd be able to see why and how far he's come. Something they'd need to know all about if considering him.

Would be nice to keep him fresh in people's minds with some updated pics though  happy7

I can feel some poster printing and distributing coming on.............   Wink Lorraine used to stick posters to the inside of the car windows. looked really effective and for anyone going to shows or doggie events, they'd be seen by many  Smiley

ďAdopt. If you canít adopt, foster. If you canít foster, donate. If you canít donate, educate.Ē
little nell
Supreme Member

Maple & Harvey Jr

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »

He still has his danglies...

Owned by Maple & Harvey Jr
Proud fosters of Max, Maxii, Abi, Harvey Jr, Bella & Jess
Tunya2
Supreme Member

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »

is this due to confidence issues?

T - i take your point but how many people (who could potentially be a home for him) are put off at the first hurdle. from what i gather hes not 'that' dog anymore?  yes he still needs a special home but perhaps by changing the front page (ie before people sign up to the forum) to encourage them to do so

i think with the landing page of the site being out of date that could also put some people off  from clicking through

front page showing download for 2010 show  they go to barons page last updated end of 2009 - 'hes prob been rehomed by now?

i just think theres little things that could help increase 'click through' and therefore exposure?
tania walker
Supreme Member

Luka n Star - my best friends!

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:54 PM »

When I first found this fantastic website I saw Baron and my thoughts were same as you 'Tunya2'.......that must be out of date......that dog MUST be re-homed by now!!
Alas he wasn't and still isn't....
I think who ever does the Baron web page ought to renew with some up to date photos and do a 'revamp' for him.
Good Luck Baron x
Tracy
Supreme Member

My Gang xxx

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »

Really good point ladies, I never really look at the rehoming section as go straight to forum but as you've said that's the first place potential new owners would probably look.
A refresh on the lovely lad could only help  Smiley
Thankfully he is a different dog altogether now and so perhaps we can hook people with the current Baron and then hope they'll read his thread and learn all about him.

markh&dawn
Supreme Member

Bruno

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »

I agree an update is long overdue as he isn't the same dog now and when/if I go to the Dobes needing homes page I can't believe he's still at the top of the page  Cry

It would be really nice for us all to see some recent piccies and an totally fresh page on him  toothy10
scottw

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »

When I joined up I was very interested in baron but with me already have a male dog i didn't enquire

None of his past would put me off and if I didn't already have Rossi he could have come and lived with bella  Embarrassed
Pam
Supreme Member

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »

Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard

It would be nice to think that there has been floods of people who some reason or another wasn't suitable rather than no one asking or enquiring about him. The home is definately out there, its matching the pair of them together  BangHead

Love Pam - Jade & Disaronno xxx and in spirit my Soldier xxx (((((Khan))))) xxx
pen, piers and theo
Supreme Member

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 05:18:14 PM »

Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard Orange Placard

It would be nice to think that there has been floods of people who some reason or another wasn't suitable rather than no one asking or enquiring about him. The home is definately out there, its matching the pair of them together  BangHead

it would be nice to know Pam wouldn't it  sad1  I wonder why we can't hear a little more about all the efforts that I am sure are going on  Roll Eyes    pen

[ piers  dob:  10 march 07 -  27 November 2015 ]  :-(
[ theo   dob:  10 Feb 15 ]
little nell
Supreme Member

Maple & Harvey Jr

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »

Chris is always available at the end of the phone to discuss any of the dobes with forum members if they wish to. She is more than happy to chat about the dobes.  01276 855326 Smiley

Owned by Maple & Harvey Jr
Proud fosters of Max, Maxii, Abi, Harvey Jr, Bella & Jess
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: